Occassionally an index for the databases associated with YesUcan, KeepHere, KeepMany and What Cooks corrupts, here is an easy fix.
Issue 11: October 2000
KeepHere, KeepMany, YesUcan, and What Cooks are freeware downloads that help you organize mail list, hints and tips, recipes and more. To go directly to the download page that has the files to download
I have had a report from one KeepHere user saying that the program will not open and that it is showing an error message, "Error # 266 Invalid Size Incorrect Key Length".
What has happened, is that the KeepHere Index file Keep.mdx has become corrupt and KeepHere can not find the Index Keys to sort the data in correct order.
Fortunately, this is very easily fixed because KeepHere can make itself a new Index file and does this automatically if the old file has been deleted.
Here is how to fix the problem using Windows Explorer:
1. Click with the secondary mouse button (usually the right hand button) on the Windows Start Box in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. Click Explore in the pop-up menu box to open Windows Explorer.
3. Scroll through the list of folders showing on the left side of screen until you find KeepHere. Click this KeepHere folder to open it.
4. A list of KeepHere files will apear on the right side of the screen. Scroll through the list to find Keep.mdx (this is the index file)
5. Right Click (the secondary mouse button) on the Keep.mdx file, then Click Delete in the pop-up menu box. DO NOT delete any other files.
6. Close Windows Explorer. The next time you run KeepHere, it will make a new Index file.This should fix the problem.
KeepMany has six Index files named Onemore.mdx thru' to Sixmore.mdx. Onemore.mdx is the file for the top database displayed in the Subject box Twomore.mdx for the next one down, and so on thru' to Sixmore.mdx for the bottom one.
Early versions of YesUcan have one Index Yesu.mdx and the new program YesUcan2 has Yesu.mdx for the old data and Cantwo.mdx for the new.
The recipe database uses Wocooks.mdx for the Index.
Table of contents for this issue