Eco- friendly tearaway stabilizer
Tearaway Magic, an eco- friendly tearaway stabilizer,
is ideal for airy, open work embroidery designs on light cottons
and linen. It's unique because it is made up of partially water
soluble fibers. By wetting the design once it is complete the
stabilizer is easily torn away without distorting stitches or
harming any delicate fibers of heirloom quality fabrics. The design
will retain the non-soluble part of the stabilizer throughout
the life of the garment; keeping the embroidery looking smooth.
Any remnants of the stabilizer around the design will wash out
through multiple launderings.
Try the fusible version of Tearaway Magic when doing
embroidery on loosely woven versions of the fabrics mentioned
above that tend to shift during the hooping and embroidery process.
- Easy to remove from around delicate embroidery or machine
- Won't shadow through light colored fabrics.
- Eliminates countless hours of "picking" out stabilizer remnants.
- Super stable and will support about 8,000 stitches if the
design is well-digitized.
- Perfect for stabilizing satin stitching when doing machine
|Tip: If the design is
denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized
design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional
layer of Tearaway Magic between the hoop and the bed of the
machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
To use Tearaway Magic:
1. Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within
the frame with the garment or fabric. Be sure to use a piece at
least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the embroidery
2. Embroider the design.
3. Remove the hoop from the machine and from
Tip: If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or
if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design
size), float an additional layer of Tearaway Magic between the
hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches
for added support!
4. Tear away as much of the Tearaway Magic stabilizer
*Optional: Wet around the
edge of the design using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope
sealer. Wait about 5 seconds to allow the water to activate the
water soluble portion of the stabilizer.
5. Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out
in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.