Bargello Designer 32
Bargello Designer 32 for Windows is a specialty quilt software designed to create Bargello quilts quickly and easily. Use Library templates and flames designs, or make your own version. It is the only quilting program at this time that has the built-in features needed to quickly and easily create a grid for size specific fabric stratas (sewn together strips) in rows (can vary row width) for Bargello designs like Peak, Valley, and Pomegranate. Then use one of the program color palettes and imported fabrics to paint the design. To complete/enlarge the design, use the Mirror, Reverse, and Double Tools for Horizontal and Vertical Repetitions of the beginning grid design. Bargello has no fabrics library directly in the program but has provided you with simple to use dialogue boxes to quickly find and VIEW all the fabrics resources available to you (other quilt programs, .bmp files, etc.), including the Internet. Bargello Designer 32 has the ability to open your Internet Browser of choice using your favorite quilting links to find new fabrics and other quilting goodies (unique in quilting software). A very rich list of Internet links is already started and you can add your own. You can even e-mail your design directly from the program to your favorite e-mail buddy.
Bargello Designer is specifically designed for . It has a standard Window Top Menu Bar and Toolbar with Shortcut icons. It follows the formula File and Edit Menu that we are becoming accustomed to in other programs, then it has its own program specific Drop-Down menus. Bargello Designer has 1 main view screen that is tied very closely to the Top Menu Bar for Drop-down Menus, Dialogue Boxes and Shortcut Icons to setup, alter, and color the on-screen Design. It includes many double-clicking mouse shortcuts for even faster dialogue box entry and exit.
Menus and Toolboxes: (See below, Quick Start Guide)
Bargello Designer relies heavily on Drop-down menus, Dialogue boxes, and Shortcut Icons. All program functions (layout and coloring) are tied directly to the Drop-down Menus and Shortcut Icons. Explore these options closely to get up and running quickly. Program-specific menus include: Bargello, (use to design layout for Bargello grid), Design (use to tweak and expand design), Options (use to tweak Bargello grid on-screen look and to select and edit color palettes), Yardage (use to view yardage requirement for Bargello and calculate border yardage, plus quilt size), View (use to customize view of overall Bargello program screen), Windows (use to manage multiple designs that are open at the same time), and Help (Tip of the Day, Help Files, and Internet connections).
No drawing tools. Uses Menu commands to create Bargello Grids and mouse clicks to color Bargello Design.
Learning: (See below, Quick Start Guide)
Bargello Designer 32 is simple with straightforward features. Even if you have only a glancing knowledge of how Bargello designs are created, it is quick and easy to learn. Included is an optional startup, Tip-of-the-Day dialogue box to tweak your knowledge and skill for running the program. Windows experience will give you a leg up on mouse shortcuts like double-clicking directly on the design to open the color palette. The software package includes a very small but adequate get-started booklet. Additional documentation can be found in the Windows standard Help File in the Top Menu Bar that can be printed out. Do not be afraid to drop-down every menu and explore what each command line will do, this is the fastest way to jump deeper into how far you can push the program.
Bargello Designer 32 for comes with:
by Sharla Hicks © 2005
To Begin, use the Bargello Default settings:
1. Go to the top menu bar and select File.
2. From the menu, select New.
3. Change the Design choice to Peak, Valley or Pomegrante. See the below grids for a visual of the standard built-in design options look like with the defaults # listed above.
NOTE: I would suggest NOT selecting Basic Design as your first experiment because that is a uninteresting straight line across.
Each Number in the grid squares below refers to the each strip of fabric that makes up a strata (set of fabric strips sewn together that constitute the beginning point of the Bargello Design that will be cut into another strip that will be the Row (Row Numbers are listed at the top of the grid)
4. To color a strata (the fabric choices) of the design with a solid color from the color palette.
14. Also look at the Color Tool in the Top Menu Bar.
15. To expand the basic design after it is filled with a solid dolor or bitmap, use the Design menu and select 2-3 of the designs choices. Watch the design grow.
16. Use the Zoom tools in the top menu bar to view the complete design.
17. To calculate the yardage needed for the finished design, go to the top menu bar and select the Yardage Menu. Select option to calculate.
18. After you are comfortable exploring the standard default settings in Bargello Designer, you may wish to explore additional custom setups.
19. Another excellent way to alter the design is to copy a section of rows that can be pasted to another place in the design.
20. To look at other design templates that make a good starting point for a design:
Examples from template folder
20. There are several more goodies to uncover in the program.