Back Cover Information
"Beam Up" Those UFOs and Get Started
- Follow Helen's Four-Question Formula to focus
on the decisions and quilting choices needed for every
unfinished project. Banish those dreaded three words:
quilt as desired!
- Over 100 Original Patterns, all full size, with
45 illustrated examples of mitered borders and blocks,
sashing strips and pantographsmany adapted and coordinated
within the same design series. Suitable for both hand
and machine quilters.
- A Galaxy of Quilting Suggestions are grouped by
17 sub-chapters for easy reference, including: fabric
choices, structural quilting, marking techniques and Helen's
Hints. The Large-page format makes for hand copying and
Helen Squire says that when she was asked to join
the teaching mission to South Africa with Linda Taylor, Laurel
Barrus and Hari Walner, she asked, "Why me? I'm a traditional
hand quilter and you guys are known for longarm, mid-arm
and domestic machine quilting."
The answer was apparent as the trip became a life-altering
experience and a reaffirmation of Helen's longheld quilting
philosophy and joy of teaching. No matter which method of
quilting you use, good design and appropriately selected
quilting patterns are what make the difference.
An entrepreneur since 1973 when she started Quilt-In:
Lessons - Supplies - Designs, Helen has been an active
participant in the growth of the quilt industry as a designer,
lecturer, teacher and television consultant.
Perhaps best known for her Dear Helen quilting pattern booksthis
book is the eighth in the seriesshe is also the author
of A Quilter's Garden: From Plants of the Holy Land.
Now retired from her position as vice-president of sales
and marketing for the American Quilter's Society, she is
as busy as ever and still lives in Paducah, Kentucky, Quilt
City USA. Lucky her!
Table of Contents
- Basket Ring
Choices - Cindy's Continuous Lines
- Canadian Checkerboard
- Awesome Squares - Turkish Square - Updated Fans
- Kaylee Border
- Kentucky Star - Rickey Cable Design
- Candace - Virginia Reef - Hearts & Flowers Border
Top - Warrior Shield - Celestial Variation
- Valerie - Maureen - Miss Vickie
- Embroidered Bird - Redwork - Whimsy
- Anemone - Iris- Almond - Sweet Storax
Awesome 3" - Bodacious 3" Maggie
|Developing a Pattern
Series - DC Delight 5" - Turkish Border
- Mandy - Blackburn Medallion - Blackburn Scroll
|From Hand to Continuous
- Rose Marie Square - Ring of Roses
- Geometric Sashing - Linda - Hari - Laurel - Jane
|About the Author
Creating A Border