This compact little book, RX for Quilters is one of the best bargains
your quilting and comptuer health. All you need to know to keep your body
in shape while quilting and using the computer.
Out of Print-Sold Out
RX for Quilters
Stitcher-Friendly Advice for Every Body
Author: Susan Delaney Mech, M.D.
Page Size: 6 1/2" x 9 1/4"
Pages: 112 pages with black and white photo illustration. See
cover for example of quality found inside the book.
Quilters, you will find
over 500 tips to help you:
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,
- Defeat age-related eye changes,
- Design a workspace to fit your body,
- Find time
- Melt away excess fat,
- And more.
It is easy to read and covers all you need to know about the
health issues involved in sitting for long periods of time doing quilting and
computer quilting (sound familiar). In RX for Quilters, find easy to do
exercises, advise on how to compensate for aging effects on our ability to quilt
like changing eye sight, posture issues, workspace issues and more. Dr. Mech even
address our hormonal issues and how it to not let it interfere with our enjoyment
of quilting and some tips on time management.
See below the back cover overview and the table contents for the quality
of the information found in this book.
Back Cover Information:
Over 500 tips for healthy quilting and stitching!
Gentle, encouraging health advice from an M.D. who is also a quilter.
RX for Quilters is just what the doctor ordered!
- How to care for your body so your stitching life will be comfortable
- Avoid common injuries to stitcher's hands, writs, neck, shoulders,
- Improve fitness and manage your weight with real-world tips for
healthy eating and simple daily exercise.
- Maximize your quilting time in a life busy with obligations to family
friends, employers, and yourself.
- Learn how hormonal shifts, pregnancy, aging, and personal injury
or illness affect your stitching.
- Customize your work area at home, workshops, and retreats to fit
your body precisely and finish 25% More projects years!
Excitment and enthusiasm about RX for Quilters
is being generated around the quilting and arts and crafts world.
Yvonee Porcella: Artist, Author, retired nurse states:
"Everyone should read RX for Quilters. Dr. Susan
highlights the life-giving effects of quiltmaking and offers positive
solutions to the negative effects of sitting and stitching for
houses on end. Bravo to Dr. Susan for giving us such good advice!"
Sandra L. Hatch: Editor, Quilt World and Quick Easy Quilting
"If you are experiencing physical or mental stress, quilt
related or not, Susan's advice is guaranteed to give you a new
lease on quilting and on life."
Clotilde, Chairman of Clotilde, Inc.:
"RX for Quilters should be read by all women--not
just quilters. The first chapter alone is worth the price of this
Table of Contents:
Quiltmaking & Your Body
1. Back to BasicsYour Guide to Comfortable, Pain-free
2. Avoid a Pain in the Neck
3. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Repetitive Strain Injuries
4. Sore Fingers
5. The Eyes Have it: The Quilter's Eyes Over the Lifecycle
Special Times in a Woman's Life
6. Premenstrual Syndrome & the Quilter
7. The Pregnant Quilter
8. Quiltmaking in the Perimenopause
9. The Golden Years of Quiltmaking
10. Personal Injury or IllnessEmbracing Change
Time Management & Health
11. How to Make Time to Quilt
12. Stress-free Quiltmaking
Nutrition & Exercise
13. What do you have to Lose?
14. Better Get Moving!
Workshops, Shows & Workspaces
15. Workshops, retreats & Shows
16. Design a Workspace to Fit your Body