- Specify the size of seam allowance around each patch.
or delete templates before you print.
- NEW Rotate templates on
- Foundation Patterns
- EQ6 numbers
each pattern, separating units and adding seam allowance.
- If you draw
a pattern, EQ6 numbers it for you.
- Move or delete foundation pattern
sections before you print.
- Rotary Cutting Charts: Print
rotary cutting charts for blocks in EQ6 or blocks you design yourself.
- Print them as line drawings, in gray scale, in color, as appliqué
patterns, or as quilting stencils!
- Print off your favorite blocks as
line drawings and make quick coloring book pages for children.
- You can
also draw and print your own original patterns.
Print your quilts as line drawings or colored with fabrics.
Fabric Yardage Estimates: Calculate yardage in inches or centimeters and print
We've streamlined the libraries
to be easier to use.
- NEW Now you can import directly from
other projects and files, and copy and paste right into your library.
In addition to the 4300+ blocks in the Block Library, 5000+ scanned fabrics in
the Fabric Library, 400+ quilts in the Layout Library, you will also be able to
use items from the following:
NEW Importing Features
- Now you can import from other EQ software projects or shopping bags right
through the library.
- Just open the library you need and choose Import
from Project (use this for BlockBase searches, EQ5 projects or palettes, and STASH
- Or, you can import image files through the photo or fabric
- You can also import your own embroidery designs (.EXP format only)
to try out on your latest quilt, then save in your own embroidery library
- Embroidery Library - Jazz up your quilt with all new images of embroidery
designs from Viking, PFAFF, and Cactus Punch. Try out the embroidery on your quilt
to decide if you want to get the embroidery card so you can sew out the designs.
- Photo and memory quilts have never been this much
fun! Use any of our forest, garden, sky or textured pictures to create life-like
- Or, import your own pictures of family, events, or scenery to
build up your own collection of photos to use in quilts.
- Photos can be
in the JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, or TIFF format.
NEW Thread Library
- Ackermann, Aurifil, Coats & Clark, Gutermann, Mettler, Robison-Anton,
Signature, Sulky, Superior, Valdani, and YLI have let us know their thread colors
so you can color your embroidery and quilting stitches with the spool you're actually
- You can also create a Thread library of your own spools.
completely reworked the drawing side of EQ.
- You can draw blocks from
scratch and even make new blocks without drawing!
- Draw pieced, appliqué
or combination blocks.
- Draw pieced blocks almost as quickly as you would
draw a block on paper in EasyDraw.
- Draw appliqué blocks in PatchDraw
using easy drag and drop patches (hearts, leaves, feathers, tear-drops, circles,
triangles, octagons and more).
- NEW Draw with the Freehand tool
to make realistic patches. NEW Vines, scrolls, and stems have never been easier
than with the new Brush Stroke tool.
- NEW Draw pieced blocks in
PatchDraw using “click and snap” grids for stars, kaleidoscopes, and compasses.
- Use the WreathMaker to turn shapes into wreaths or quick quilting
- Draw sash or border blocks with ease on a rectangular drawing
- Draw just about anything from a 4-Patch to a Giant Dahlia
or Lone Star.
- NEW Import images to trace and turn your favorite
picture or drawing into a block. Images imported for tracing can be in the JPEG,
GIF, BMP, PNG, or TIFF format. Choose how you want the image cropped and how transparent
you want it right from EQ6.
8. Help, Help, and more Help
has never been easier or more fun.
- The EQ6 User Manual is the best
book we’ve ever written!
- We've split the 304 pages up into lessons and
documentation. There are 6 fun and easy lessons for learning how to set up quilts,
print, use layers, draw in EasyDraw and draw in PatchDraw. We took nothing for
granted and made the lessons work for people who have never used a computer before.
You’ll also get step-by-step instructions on working with every tool and feature.
- Watch any of the 60+ Help Videos, then try the steps yourself. It's like
having a teacher right there beside you! Videos have been grouped into Getting
Started, Designing Quilts, Using the Quilt Tools, Drawing Blocks, Simple Tasks,
and Printing. You'll learn everything from "What is a Project?" to "How to make
a Quilt Label."
- Try out the EQ6 Help Files. Each part of the program
is documented with color pictures and directions. It's like surfing a web site
of EQ6 knowledge. Here we've been able to get a lot more "wordy" than in the book
because these are web pages, not book pages. So, if you need a further explanation
of anything you learn in the software, just check out the Help Contents, or find
it using the Index, or Search.
- If that isn't enough, we've even added
ToolHelp - Turn on the Dynamic ToolHelp and a window will appear at the side of
your worktable. Hover over any button in any toolbar and learn what it does.
For the Advanced Designer
EQ6 is a teacher and pattern-maker’s dream:
Fabrics - import fabrics in JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, or TIFF formats and
it automatically rescales perfectly on the quilt or block.
- write on your quilts with the NEW Set Applique
Text tool. You can add a verse or add sewing directions right on top
of the quilt. It's up to you.
- Export Metafiles - export vector
images in the .EMF format that are outline only, outline and fill, or fill only.
Fill colors are the average color of the fabric in the block. Directions are included
in the EQ6 User Manual for how to pull apart and label metafiles to make
a piecing diagram in Microsoft® Word.
Export Images - you need a high resolution image? What size? What format?
EQ6 can do it and the fabric is scaled perfectly. Magazine editors and book publishers
will love you!
10. For the Beginning Designer
Just because EQ6 can do so much,
doesn't mean that it still can't be easy to use. We've kept our beginning quilters
and beginning computer users in mind throughout the entire software design and
- NEW Draw
without drawing - Need a new block? Use the Serendipity tools to frame,
merge, and tilt blocks without drawing a thing.
Add borders full of blocks in 3-4 clicks - Use the Set Auto Borders tool
to make your quilt look stunning.
- NEW Use
Quick Quilt Projects - try any of these quilt favorites to color, resize,
print, and sew.
- NEW Make quilt labels
- Use the new text tool to write out your labels and make the back of your quilt
as interesting as the front.
- NEW Find blocks
within your sewing capabilities - all the library blocks have been marked
according to difficulty. So if you're a beginning quilter, why not try beginning
block with rectangles only? Or how about a beginning block with rectangles and
- NEW Learn the software
like you have a teacher beside you - We've made the videos and EQ6
User Manual lessons as user-friendly as possible with you in mind.
System & Installation Requirements:
Windows® XP or Vista
- NOTE: Internet
access for activation (4 activations included)
- CD-ROM drive
with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- sound card recommended
for demo videos
- EQ6 User Manual
- CD to install.