White Wash Out
The Ultimate Quilt Marking Tool
Stays on until Washed Out
Mark Medium to Dark Fabrics
(1) Pounce Pad
4 oz bag of White Wash-Out Chalk
MFG: Hancy Mfg.
The Quilt Pounce (blue or white) is the ultimate quilt marking tool for using with quilt stencils. The chalk comes in 2 versions, the Ultimate White that stays on until removed by heat activation with an iron, steamer or hair dryer and a Blue and White version that stays on until washed away.
How to use the Quilt Pounce Pad
- Safe for fabric. NOTE: We suggest you always test fabrics as a cautionary measure when working on our heirlooms.
- To fill the pounce, remove the cap plug from the top and carefully pour Miracle Chalk into the pad's reservoir.
- The first time the pad is filled, firmly pat the pad into the palm our your hand to get the powder to flow evenly.
- It's easier to mark with a pad that is will saturated with powder.
- To mark your stencil, simply position the stencil where you want it, and swipe the powder-filled pounce over the top of the stencil.
- WHITE: Lines stay until removed with an iron (heat activated) some have used hairdryers and steamers as alternate heat sources. NOTE: It is always good to test fabric with batting underneath first to be sure chalk disappears when heated.
- BLUE: Good for marking lights. NOTE: Blue is a wash away chalk.
If too much chalk powder gets on the quilt, you may be patting the pad instead of wiping it over the stencil. Once the pad is well saturated with the powder it doesn't take much powder to actually transfer the stencil
If having trouble with the chalk rubbing off the fabric too soon, spray the chalk outline lightly with an alcohol based hairspray, it will stay on until washed off. Ordinary spray starch works well too. When the Quilt Pounce is not being used, store it upside-down. This prevents the pad from becoming too saturated with chalk.