Skip to content
(2) General's Layout Pencils
Item Code: AD17
Extra Black #555 (ebony black)
NOTE: Sharla Hicks, Certified Zentangle Teacher uses the General's Layout Pencil for Zentangle and finds:
- ease of use enhanced by thick round barrel for hand comfort.
maintains fine sharp point longer than most soft lead pencils making it excellent for line, shading, sketch, illustration, journaling, writing & more.
- General's states: " favorite of animators, illustrators, cartoonist, designers & artist since 1930's"
- Graphite core is bonded to wood with exclusive "Carbo-Weld" bonding process for added strength and reliability.
- graphite seems to grip the paper well resulting in less transfer smudging to hands or paper than other 6B pencils or charcoal Sharla has used.
- pencil responds well to a soft touch for feather light string lines and light shading to more pressure for darker line and deeper shading.
- easy to build up layers of shading, a trick to add additional depth to a Zentangle Tile.
- smooths nicely with tortillion or stump
- LIGHT lines and shading EASILY erased from paper, heavy lines do not erase well.
- Ebony Black is deep enough in color that heavier application takes on charcoal appearance without the messy hands because it is is an excellent pencil that grips paper well.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.