My Favorite Ruler™
8" x 24"
MFG: From Marti Michell
- Cut Wider Strips and Make Perfect Mitered Corners.
- Simplify cutting mitered borders for a quilt and the mitered corner on a block's sash/lattice. Making the Attic Windows Block becomes a snap with the mitered rulers.
- Can also be used for many tasks frequently done by a standard rectangle ruler.
- Center top hanging hole. Quarter-inch seam allowance shown on the 45-degree miter
My Favorite Mitering Rulers™ From Marti Michell comes in 2 sizes: 8" x 24" & 4" x 16". Simplify cutting mitered borders for a quilt and the mitered corner on a block's sash/lattice. Making the Attic Windows Block becomes a snap with the mitered rulers.
Marti Michell's Perfect Patchwork Systems Templates won the Best New Product Award with the first 4 sets of templates A-D. In 2004 Marti was named the 2004 recipient of the Silver Star Award, The award is presented annually to "a living person whose body of work has positively influenced, promoted and developed the art of quilting."
My Favorite Rulers for Quilt Making by Marti Michell
Special Feature found on the My Favorite Rulers to help you find the measurement:
All My Favorite Rulers feature unique symbols to make each line distinctive and to create as much open area as possible to maximize seeing the edge of the fabric.
- When you see crossbar in the vertical rows, each crossbar is registering a 1/8" mark.
- Likewise, the ends of the crossbar symbols that you find at half-inch intersections extend 1/8" from the center of that intersection
- Dots are always on 1/8" increments of the short edge of the ruler, and on a 1/4" mark or a 3/4" mark on the long dimension of the ruler.
Each Miter Ruler:
1. Numbered left to right and right to left! Contains the same printed grid features that people appreciate in our standard rulers.
2. Visually strong vertical lines every eighth-inch to make cutting strips easier.
3. Distinctively different eighth-inch, quarter-inch and half- inch lines make positioning easier. Heavier lines every half-inch make counting easier.
4. An extra set of inch marks mid-ruler is more visible than at the end of the ruler. Perfect for cutting 45-degree diamonds and mitered corners on quilt borders. Perfect for mitered sashings and blocks like Attic Windows, too!
5. The point has our special engineered 'no dog ears' corner, especially important when cutting diamonds.
6. Laser-cut marking holes on the mitered seam are just the right size for sharp pencils, water or air erasable pens or other long tipped pens. The diameter of the hole allows the tip to reach the fabric at the correct point.