Creative Grids Ruler
Straight Out of Line Ruler
Designed by Karla Alexander
6" W X 10" L
Made in the USA
- The Straight Out of Line ruler creates unique four-patch blocks with the illusion of curves.
- Cut even number of light and dark fabric squares - the same size.
- Squares from 4” to 10” – and every 1/2” in-between – can be used with this ruler.
- Achieve a scrappy look by cutting equal amounts of light and dark fabric squares from your stash.
- The finished size of your project is simply dependent on how many blocks you make.
- Cut one square of fabric for each pieced block.
- The finished size of the pieced block will be approximately ¾” smaller than the original cut square.
- Designed by Karla Alexander.
Karla Alexander has created a line of rulers for Creative Grids® Rulers that make sewing curves a breeze!. Karla recognized the potential of adding curves to squares and decided to take it one step further—and add curves to the other most popular shape in quilting—the rectangle! Use these rulers to replace traditional shapes in any pattern to create a sense of movement for a dramatic effect. This line of rulers were created to be used with her books Color Shuffle; New Cuts for New Quilts; and Stack a New Deck.